November 30, 2011

Post Thanksgiving....

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone, and again, I just can't believe how fast time has gone by!! It was so nice to see family and catch up, and just makes me miss being able to see family more often. Mackenzie is already a little of 3 months now, and we are headed into Christmas! Each day I can't believe how fast Mackenzie is growing up.  She is quite the little "chatter box".  She just loves to coo and smile.  Really the only time she cries is 1. she is hungry -- go figure, I would be too if all I was drinking was milk :o) 2. when she is tired.  She is still quite the little "fighter" when it comes to sleep...I mean I love that she loves to be in my company but sleep is healthy for the little peanut.  Naps are getting better, but night time can be a challenge at times.  But once she is asleep, she is sleeping like 9-11 (usually 9) hours through the night so can't complain there. 

This year was the first year I did not have to work on Black Friday (thank you Mackenzie! haha), and so Zach and I were able to go out, while Mackenzie got some grandma/grandpa time, and see what deals were out there.  We really weren't going out for anything in particular, but we did manage to get a really good deal on a camcorder that was originally $250 for $150.  I am excited to begin capturing Mackenzie's "firsts" as now is the time she is starting to be more interactive with us.  I think pretty soon we will be seeing her consistently rolling over!!

We haven't put our Christmas tree or decorations yet....I know...how can this be?? After all, I usually am ready to put up the Christmas tree at the end of October/beginning of November, and have been listening to Christmas music since November 1st.  Well needless to say, Sunday I woke up with a head cold (UGH!!), and am just getting my energy back so hopefully this weekend Zach, Mackenzie, and I can get this accomplished.  I can't wait to take pics of Mackenzie by the Christmas tree with the lights all lit up! She is going to be soo cute!  It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment