November 17, 2011

Thankfulness Series: Family

Today, I am thankful for family, and not just my family, but for Zach's family as well.  Both have had a huge impact on me in so many ways. 

First of all, I am incredibly blessed to have been born into the family that I am in.  I have two wonderful/awesome parents, and the best siblings that anyone could ask for.  I am so grateful for the parents that I have...to list a few reasons (because there is so much more!):
  - they have been happily married for 30+ years
  - established a Christ centered foundation in my life
  - have always come first in their lives ....even now at this age
  - there has never been a time where I have felt unloved
  - have always been supportive in the many areas of my life (sports, college, marriage, now baby to name a few)
  - if I am in need, they will do their best to help in any way
  - I know either would come down in a heartbeat for me
  - my mom is one of my best friends....she's the greatest!! (I can write a novel on how grateful I am for her), I probably could talk to her like 5 times a day, but try to stick around 2. haha. 
  - I am truly a daddy's girl....I love my many laughs and conversations I have with him
I may be biased, but I have the best parents in the world!!

Now to my siblings....my twin sister, Michelle, my big brother Joel, and of course my sister-in-law, Kylee.  Kylee has been in our family for 7+ years now, and I couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law and wife for my brother.  First of all, she can stand my brother so she gets like 1000+ extra bonus points! Haha.  All kidding aside, Kylee is truly an amazing woman.  Even before I really knew her, she had come to watch some of my soccer games when I played at Trinity.  She would cheer for me, and support me, when she wasn't techinically "married into" the family just yet.  And now being married to my brother for 4 years, it's been a blast.  In recent times, she has been incredibly supportive of me.  She checked on me and helped me throughout my entire pregnancy, and now with having Mackenzie, she has shown even more love especially to her little neice (no worries, I'm not jealous).  Even with treating me like a real sister, and her being just an incredible woman, my favorite part is the love she is for my family, and my brother.  I look forward to developing a closer relationship/friendship in the many years to come.  Now onto my big brother, Joel...well what can I say?  He is my only brother :o)  There is a sense of proudness I think for a younger sibling looking at the older, and I think even more when it comes to a little sister and a big brother.  My brother first of all, is probably the best athlete I know out there.  God has blessed him so much.  I would love watching his games (not just to see all his cute friends, but that was a bonus), as it was an inspiration for me to work just as hard.  I will never be as great as him, but I think I came close. ;o)  Have so many fond memories growing up with him.  The many games we played in the hallway upstairs, the countless times of being teased (it's funny now lol), how random he can be, or seeing how much of a morning person he was in high school (in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, he was not a morning person at all....more like a zombie).  As I was in college, he came to a few of my soccer games, and even though 90 mins of soccer is not always the first thing he wants to sit through, he came because he loves me and supports me, and there was never a time I didn't feel that.  God has grown him so much, and he is just an unbelievable man today.  To conclude with my one and only twin sister, Michelle.  Well where do I start?  She has been with me every step of the way growing up.  Two peas in a pod we have become.  From playing soccer 24/7 (so it seemed) to playing with our polly pockets growing up....life as twins, we are definitely close.  I would be lying if I said we never had our arguments or disagreements, but in the end, deep down, I love her, and she loves me.  For twins, I would say we have things that are similar, but for those that really know us, we are definitely different.  Not in a bad way, but in a way, that we can say that being a twin doesn't mean you automatically are the same in every aspect.  She is one of my best friends (besides Zach and my mom) in which I know I can tell her ANYTHING, and know I will not be judged, criticized, or put down negatively in any way, shape, or form.

The list is truly endless.  Thinking about how thankful I am for my family, really makes me think back on a lot of memories and the timeless traditions we have in my years growing up.  These are just some of the reasons why I am so thankful....I could write for hours for the millions of reason more!


To sum up Zach's family, as I am still getting to know them, I am still incredibly blessed.  I feel such great love & support from his brother Luke & his wife Megan, as well as his sister Mari.  There has never been a time where I did not feel that love or support by each of them.  They have had such an impact on Zach and I in such a positive way.  I am so thankful to marry into such a great family. His parents, Jim and Cindy, have been such a blessing to Zach and I as well.  With supporting us in whatever problem should arise, to Cindy coming up and babysitting two days a week for her grandbaby.  I feel incredibly blessed by Zach's family. 

Well clearly I have written a novel, but it's so hard not to, when you have two such great and wonderful families!  Again....GOD IS SOOO GREAT!!!


My Family

Zach's family (minus Bella & our neice Kynley, as this is an older pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment