November 22, 2011

Mackenzie Lately :o)

A little update on my beautiful daughter, Mackenzie. 

She has been growing so fast! She is in 3-6 month clothes, but in 3-6 month full onesies (with the closed toes) she is outgrowing them!! This girl is mega long right now.  Hopefully this will mean that she will be a tall girl!  I can't believe that she is 3 months already.  Time is just flying by so fast! She is so much more interactive now.  I get smiles like crazy (unless she is hungry and wants her food! haha), and cooes like all the time.  Quite the little chatter box we are.  She is one that fights her naps I have discovered.  She just wants to be playing with me, and so sometimes it is quite the task to get her to sleep, however, when she is tired, it usually doesn't take long to fall asleep.  When she does take her naps, Zach and I have discovered she does like several "cat naps" throughout the day.  We usually get one good nap of like an hour and half, but all the other ones, we get lucky to get her to sleep for 45 mins.  Oh well, there are worse things in life :o)

She has mastered tummy time, and holding her head up.  I have sat her in her little bumbo seat, and she sits there for quite sometime just looking around.  I put a few toys on the attachable tray, and she is starting to learn to not only grab them on her own, but beginning to bring them to her mouth to chew on.  She loves her Baby Einstein tummy/play mat, and it's always a joy to watch her learn looking around at the little toys, etc.  Whoever invented these tummy/play mats is/was a genius. I love watching her grab things, but also, moving her little body everywhere.  Changing her diaper can be quite the task since she just loves to move!  Zach just the other day said he can see her trying to roll over but not quite so we'll have what seems to be quite the little mobile baby in a matter of a few short months. 

She has been sleeping through the night for quite some time now.  We usually get her in bed by 7:30pm, and she has been getting up at 5am the earliest, but lately, been sleeping till about 6:30am.  Which has been such a blessing!  Mommy and daddy love getting that sleep! One of my favorite moments with her is going into her room after she has made it clear she is ready to be up, is going in there, and when I begin to talk to her, and say good morning, she just has the biggest smile on her face that just melts my heart. 

Well that sums up a good chunk of what we have been up to.  We are excited for the holidays, and for Mackenzie to enjoy her first Thanksgiving!!

 I LOVE BEING A MOM!!

Love this face!!


No comments:

Post a Comment