December 9, 2010

My Camera

Not my exact camera, but this is it!!
So it's official.  My camera will finally arrive to my apartment sometime this morning.  My Christmas present to myself is a brand new Canon Rebel T2i with an 85mm f/1.8 lens.  Yup..high class here.  For those that don't know, I have this love for photography, and have been wanting to get involved for quite sometime.  I don't have the greatest understanding at this point but I hope to learn and grow in these next couple months.  What has motivated me to get this camera, is not that I want to be doing photography full-time, but I want to use this as a service/ministry I can do for our church.  Let's face it, times are getting tough and money is getting tight, and families do not have the kind of money to spend a bizallion amount of dollars on.  So my focus will be strictly portraits--family, senior, baby, engagement, etc.  I want to serve the church in this way, and charge a minimal fee (make up for gas-if traveling kind of far to a location, CDs to burn the photos on, etc).  I can't wait to start practicing and getting experience of how to get certain looks and such.  If anyone has any tips, I would love to hear them and put them into practice.  Once I start getting some practice, I'll put a few samples on up here. :o)  Now, I'll eventually have to learn a photo-editing program!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment